Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Persistence and Patience Pays Dividends

I want to share with all other Hendricks researchers what I just posted my Jefferson County Indiana Genealogy blog at WordPress; which is linked to the Indiana GenWeb Project for Jefferson County of the US GenWeb Project:

I have mentioned this before and will mention it time and time again in the future; having bulldog persistence and the patience of Job pays off when pursuing your family genealogy. This week I have been the recipient of both. I have been trying diligently to develop the ancestry of Jefferson County resident, Sarah Elizabeth "Eliza" (Henderson) Hendricks. I have been working on this off and on over the last 20 years. I think that satisfies both categories. I have been very patient and putting the words of Winston Churchill into action, I never, never gave up!

This week, I hit the mother lode! And, yes I want to shout it from the roof tops so the whole world can hear. I have found the family of Eliza's father, Joseph Henderson. First, I have confirmed that he was a Presbyterian minister and that he attended Princeton College in New Jersey. I have confirmed that he was married to Mary Breckenridge. I have confirmed he was born in Franklin County, Pennsylvania. I have confirmed where he was ordained as a minister, where he began his ministry and where he went from there to end up in the home county, where Eliza was born. I have learned his father's name and that of his siblings and his roots back to the "Old World". I have found out not only that; but the family and roots to the "Old World" for his wife, Mary. Now that we have found that out, we are working on proving it.

Now that I have crowed; I'd like to hear what successes have you enjoyed?

No comments: